In the beginning, the area was divided into parts, separated between them with paths for the mules. It was only after Chios fell to the Turks in 1566, that two straight roads were opened in Kambos. The small paths started and finished in the high walls of the orchards. So, it is difficult even today for an outsider to find his way around Kambos.
Μost streets were dead-ends.